Meet our Admin TeamElizabeth Miller, Principal firstname.lastname@example.orgMeg Tillman, Assistant Principal email@example.comKelly Painter, Counselor firstname.lastname@example.orgImportant Dates:
- October 30th - Course selection forms sent home with 5th graders
- November 1st - Chart Your Course at Little Elm High School - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- November 8th - Sixth Grade Transition Parent Night at Powell - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- November 10th - Course Selection forms due to 5th grade campuses.
- Week of November 13th - Elementary counselors will meet with all students who have not turned in a completed form at this time. Please note that the form will be completed by the counselor.
- Week of November 27th - Elementary counselors will meet with fifth grade students to enter course selection information into Focus
View our Transition Newsletter - English
Facts to Know:
- All students will have 7 periods, plus a Lobo Zone
- 5 periods will be core classes (Science, Social Studies, English & Math double block)
- All students will take PE or Pre-Athletics (both count toward middle school PE credits)
- Students will choose one of three electives for their 7th class: Band, Choir, Art/Theater/Technology (Semester courses)
Click above to view Angela Duckworth's TED talk about GRIT.
Resources for Parents:
Here are a few resources for parents to help guide your 5th grader through this exciting transition.